The Leaning Barn

After the tour ended, Dan (my tour partner) and I stayed for a few extra days.  Our nature is to do more exploring to see what else we can find for next year.  As we traveled along a road we’d not yet been on, I spotted this barn atop a hill but Dan didn’t want to stop as there was another photographer up there and no room for our car.  This time I begged for him to turn around as I could envision the clouds surrounding the leaning barn.  Yes, this the same barn I posted last week but a different composition inspired by an image I love of Dan’s.

[jamiesocial]

This entry was posted in Landscape, Palouse.

1. Barbara Kile June 7, 2012 at 1:57 pm #

Love the lines – but then the Palouse farmers mow the landscape just for US! 🙂

• john8276 June 7, 2012 at 2:01 pm #

You’re right Barbara. The farmers are artists and don’t even know it

2. Fellice June 7, 2012 at 4:51 pm #

I love the new angle of this barn, with the upward movement of the old grass as if it’s keeping it into position. Good eye, John

3. Denise Bush June 7, 2012 at 8:18 pm #

Lovely!!! The clouds, tracks in the ground and tasteful processing make it something really special.

4. Donnie June 7, 2012 at 9:02 pm #

Sure glad you stopped to capture this one! The sweeping curve draws the viewer right in. I’m noticing a trend John- last year it was half a barn and this year just the front wall of the barn. LOL, no wonder the poor barn is leaning- there’s nothing to hold it up. I can hardly wait till next year to see how much barn you come back with. Hope you get a laugh. I really like the image.

• john8276 June 7, 2012 at 9:52 pm #

I’m gonna go for just one slat of the barn Donnie! 🙂

5. Nancy T June 7, 2012 at 11:23 pm #

Love the way the field sweeps me around the barn…great textures here and of course, the clouds!

6. Bob Towery June 8, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

Yes, the blowing grass really adds appeal to this image, like the constant wind is taking its toll on the barn. Well seen.