Meet me at the Red Car

While shooting a wonderful scene on the 2nd floor of a building we gained access into, I looked over the balcony and spotted this scene.  As the saying goes, when you see red!  :)   Shot with my Fuji X-E1. The RAW file was processed with Adobe ACR.  I share this information only because there is great consternation out there about the lack of RAW processing ability with the new Fuji sensor.  So far, I’ve have great success processing the Fuji RAW files.

I’m also adding an alternate LOMO version of the image below.  Always interested in your feedback.

This entry was posted in Cuba, Fuji X-E1.

1. betty wiley January 26, 2013 at 2:04 pm #

love those red cars…now I”m kicking myself that I walked ahead and didn’t go up the balcony with you! Great scene & shot John…I’m super impressed with the IQ of that fuji!

• john8276 January 26, 2013 at 3:15 pm #

But Betty, you got so many others that are GREAT!!!

2. Dennis January 26, 2013 at 2:34 pm #

Really like the first image best–can’t get over how important the manhole cover is to the composition. Good work, John

• john8276 January 26, 2013 at 3:14 pm #

Interesting isn’t it Dennis. At first I felt it was a problem, however, if you remove it, its not as strong. Good observation.

3. Dan C January 26, 2013 at 2:43 pm #

The first image for me also. Although, for some reason, I can see a lot more detail throughout the second LOMO image – interesting!

4. Scott January 26, 2013 at 4:29 pm #

I did a Lomo affect on the photo, then brushed out the effect on the car leaving it as shot. Another twist. Nice image.

• john8276 January 26, 2013 at 5:04 pm #

Another right answer Scott. Let me know how the image sells that way. :). That was a joke!!

5. Linda Russo January 26, 2013 at 7:03 pm #

John, What’s a “LOMO” effect?
    I like the toning in the second image better than the first. Looks more vintage-:)

• john8276 January 26, 2013 at 9:14 pm #

Lomo is a vintage effect that emphasizes the color. A definition … “a type of art photography in which color is emphasized. Traditionally, cameras such as the Holga, Lomo, Colorsplash, and Supersampler are used to create strange and unusual photographs. Lomographic photos are primarily characterized by vignettes (blurry and faded edges), random subjects, and nonadherance to traditional photography rules.”

6. Ts January 27, 2013 at 1:35 am #

Both work, but more partial to the original. Good catch! Can’t wait to get back in there!

7. Victoria January 29, 2013 at 2:25 pm #

I’m drawn to the Lomo version.. It is warmer and draws me in to the scene… It also is quite like much of Cuba seemed to me. :-)

8. Denise Bush January 31, 2013 at 8:01 pm #

The warm image gives a more vintage and Cuban look to it. If I saw them separately I’d react more to the warmer one I think.