Trinidad Taxi and my first Cinemagraph!

Back in Trinidad.  I was setting up this scene when I saw the beautiful taxi and quickly grabbed the shot.  I didn’t see the motorcycle behind him with the exhaust pouring out the tailpipe.  I think that adds so much to this scene.  I used my Topaz Lomo style processing in Topaz Adjust 5 which I feel fit this scene very well.

Below is my first Cinemagraph!  I know its dark and corny, but I just wanted to do one!  Pretty easy to do really, just follow Mark’s short video tutorial that I posted along with the post yesterday.  I can see these being really fun to do!

This entry was posted in Creative, Cuba.

1. Dan C February 8, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

JOhn … your first cinemagraph is awesome -very nice job. Looks like something to work during our winter weather.

2. Karen Messick February 8, 2013 at 4:27 pm #

Ha, funny cinemagraph: and Love the Cuba Taxi…smooth processing!

3. Bonnie Rovere February 8, 2013 at 4:45 pm #

I have never seen a cinemagraph before. That’s amazing! Loving those taxis!

4. Ray Snip February 8, 2013 at 5:00 pm #

I love the scene in the Cuba image John, great processing!

5. Carlton Hansen February 8, 2013 at 9:26 pm #

John,

I love this view of the blue taxi in the midst of the different colored buildings. Very captivating.

6. Dennis February 9, 2013 at 2:43 pm #

John–What a really, really interesting image! A cool blue car coming through all of the warm color values and just right street activity. All of the wires and poles just add to place. Great work.

7. felice February 10, 2013 at 8:15 am #

Beautiful image with very effective effex – really love it, and the cinemagraph is funny and very cute! Thanks for both!

8. Stephan February 10, 2013 at 6:24 pm #

Great first Cinemagraph! Combining elements and the arts… From stills (film / digital), animation to video… it definitely is fun to combine and tell the story to the viewer in another way! The story and adventures continue, are infinite and where our imaginations, experience and technology are our only limitations! Great job JB!

Trinidad: Imagine setting up your shot and shouting down the street “ACTION!” and to have this scene unfold. Having this occur without setting it up is one of the true examples of “the magic of photography” – being at the right place at the right time… and that there will never be another moment as the moment that is before you and when you “click (capture)” the given moment before you. This moment was truly a GIFT and an amazing moment. Great post-processing as well.

Awesome photography, creations and post-work JB!