Topaz Clarity is here!

Topaz Clarity is here.  Click this link and use the code claritynew to get it for $29.99 (regular price will be $49.99)  through May 31st.      The image below is from Fonthill, some of Henry Mercer’s wonderful tile work.  Processed with Topaz Clarity and Detail 3.  As I said in my last preview post about Clarity, its gonna be a game changer.  Good stuff!  Way to go Topaz.

This entry was posted in Topaz Software and tagged , , .

1. Gary Kohn May 22, 2013 at 12:23 pm #

Hi, John…appreciate the heads up and link for Clarity, but when click on it, although it takes me to the Topaz page(s), there is no listing yet for Clarity…maybe it won’t be up until later in the day??

• john8276 May 22, 2013 at 9:19 pm #

Right Gary, my bad. Should have waited for the official announcement. Should be good to go now.

2. Joe M May 22, 2013 at 2:41 pm #

John, Clarity is not on the Topaz site yet. It is not for sale yet, l guess.
    Joe

• john8276 May 22, 2013 at 9:18 pm #

Up now. Sorry about that, should have waited until THEY officially announced it.

3. Dick May 22, 2013 at 8:57 pm #

not going to be a free addition to the bundle eh? (grumble)

• john8276 May 22, 2013 at 9:03 pm #

Nope, whenever they add a new plug-in it is always a paid venture. Then its free upgrades after that. :)

4. Bruce Sorrell May 24, 2013 at 11:02 am #

Thanks for the good news, John! I took Clarity out for a test drive yesterday, one gray, dank, overcast morning…conditions under which I would not normally shoot…and Clarity saved the day. Very powerful, lots of control, and extremely intuitive. Now if the sun will only come out we’ll see if Clarity is as good at taming contrast as it is at enhancing it. Looks like Topaz has hit another one out of the park. Slainte!

• JB May 24, 2013 at 12:27 pm #

Great Bruce! Good report. Thanks.

5. Dan C May 24, 2013 at 9:40 pm #

Downloaded Clarity this afternoon … and .. without going through the tutorial (I know its a man thing), it worked great.

For $30, its a GREAT deal.

It looks powerful and once I get a feel for it, it goes somewhere in my workflow.

Thanks John for making us aware of this improvement from Topaz and the discount.

• JB May 24, 2013 at 9:44 pm #

Thanks Dan. Glad you’re happy with it.

6. Bruce Sorrell May 25, 2013 at 4:08 pm #

Hello again, John! Further to my last post, I put Clarity through the wringer this AM, requiring it to tame a seriously contrasty image. Bingo! It’s every bit as good at reducing contrast as it is in enhancing it. I will wager you a couple of beers the good folks at Photomatix are going to be in for some sleepless nights. For those who like realistic HDR, Clarity will do the job faster, better, easier than any HDR software I’ve seen. Hope you and yours will have an enjoyable Memorial Day !

• JB May 25, 2013 at 5:53 pm #

I too have been playing more in preparation for my webinar. Crazy good huh Bruce?! Much more natural in appearance than Adjust too. This will likely replace Adjust in my workflow.

• Bruce Sorrell May 25, 2013 at 9:10 pm #

Very much looking forward to your Webinar, John. Can’t wait to see what you’ve rung out of this new tool. If I had but one word to give to Topaz on Clarity it would be “Presence.” Clarity seems to have the unique ability to transport us from looking at a photo (before Clarity) to actually seeing through the photographer’s eyes (after Clarity) at the time of the shot. Without Clarity we are observers. With it we are participants. You called this a game changer. Very good call!

7. Diana May 26, 2013 at 9:03 pm #

Just got Clarity! (about time at my age…LOL) Looking forward to a ton of fun.

• JB May 26, 2013 at 9:04 pm #

Enjoy! Its pretty darn good.

8. HMCA May 29, 2013 at 12:37 am #

Attended your webinar with Topaz today. Didn’t think I was going to add yet another plug-in but you convinced me otherwise. Looking forward to when the video is up for viewing. Want to go over all the great info you gave us regarding the masks! Thanks for one of the best webinars I’ve ever attended!