Perspective

Cape Cod_2013Nov08_0202

Last week was a very good week.  On Tuesday, I had the opportunity to speak to a very receptive group at a well organized meet-up in Plymouth MA.  Thank you Amy Davies and Betty Wiley for organized this and doing a great job.

Next, I went to Cape Cod to meet with Jeff Lovinger for our long weekend workshop.  We had a bit of rain and lots of windy weather, however, this group was TOUGH and we had a grand time!

As usual, I managed to snap off a few keepers during the weekend.  I just love these old day cottages and could not resist another shot at them.  This time, I had my trusty Fuji X-E1 with me and placed it on the ground for a unique perspective.  The stormy weather and blast of good light all made this moment work.   Funny, but with the big Nikon, I would never have thought to do this…. but with the smaller Fuji I did.  This is part of the draw of that little camera.  For whatever reason, the smaller, lighter camera seems to liberate me.  I find myself shooting a LOT more with it and trying things I might not normally try.  A new perspective!

This entry was posted in Cape Cod, Fuji, Fuji X-E1 and tagged , , , , , .

1. betty November 12, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

love it…that dramatic sky and low perspective is awesome John…can’t wait to see your images with the new fuji when it arrives :-)

2. Jeff Lovinger November 12, 2013 at 3:51 pm #

Great perspective. Lucky we held back the cars.
    It was a pleasure having you up here for the workshop.

• john8276 November 12, 2013 at 3:53 pm #

But Jeff, I heard you in the background saying… don’t tell him the cars are coming… :)

3. Stephan November 12, 2013 at 4:42 pm #

Great perspective, dramatic weather and intense lighting. The Skyman has been grounded! Prior to reading, I noticed no cars and no people – ghost town?

Amazing how small cameras and cellphoneography allow our vision to change and be free – or simply have fun! Transferring that back to our pro-cameras does not always have the same result.

Powerful image JB!

4. Dorine L November 12, 2013 at 4:46 pm #

Perhaps this is a new direction for your workshops as well….something I certainly would be interested in.

5. Joan Herwig November 12, 2013 at 4:56 pm #

I love this perspective from the ground with the yellow stripes John! I am considering trading in my NIkon D700 & lenses for the Fuji X system. As a middle aged woman, I am finding that as I grow older I am taking fewer photos because the weight of it all holds me back. I don’t want my equipment to feel like a burden! I want it to inspire & motivate me instead. Thanks for sharing your experience.

6. James Milligan November 12, 2013 at 8:19 pm #

A big thumbs up for the new mirror less cameras. I like the ability to switch lens and the weight and size of the kit is a big plus. Great product for travel photographer looking for higher quality images.

PS did any one take a shot of John stretched out across one lane of traffic?

7. Daniel Ruf November 13, 2013 at 12:54 pm #

Excellent. I think these low shots are great perspectives and enjoy doing them as much as the results. It’s a great subject with beautiful light and atmospherics.

8. Larry Richardson November 13, 2013 at 8:02 pm #

Talk about a leading line. WOW! Wonderful vanishing point perspective. Great choice to leave the amount of space you did for the intimidating clouds.