Fuji X-E2 shoots Southside Johnny concert

I’m a huge fan of Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes.  I posted a couple of images from a recent concert I attended in my lost post.  Here are a few more favorites.  All images shot with the Fuji X-E2 and the 35mm 1.4 lens.

DSCF2725

DSCF2746

DSCF2743

DSCF2747BW

DSCF2763bw

DSCF2777bw

DSCF2792

DSCF2813

DSCF2804

This entry was posted in Fuji and tagged , , , .

1. Stephen McCullough January 5, 2014 at 12:59 pm #

Well these are so good. I’ve always found the lighting a challenge in these situations. I don’t mean so much the lack of it, as it’s variable nature. Then of course there is the whole timing thing. You’ve nailed it with these shots – the atmosphere, the energy – as some very talented people do their thing.

• john8276 January 14, 2014 at 7:46 pm #

I totally agree Stephen.

2. John Franco January 5, 2014 at 3:26 pm #

John,
    Love your images. The clarity and color are just amazing, and really allow the great composition to come trough. I am learning to use my X-E2, and I am constantly amazed at the image quality tho camera is capable of. As an aded bonus, my X-E2 has allowed me to actually shorten my post-proceesing time by having such a beautiful image to start with.

• john8276 January 14, 2014 at 7:46 pm #

I agree with that… was looking at my Cuba images on the flight home today and one of my favorites needed ZERO post… of course the light was GREAT too.

3. Barry January 5, 2014 at 4:02 pm #

DAMN NICE shots!!!!!

4. Bonnie Rovere January 5, 2014 at 4:15 pm #

Now that is cool!

5. jim mathews January 5, 2014 at 5:12 pm #

John, great captures which made me feel as if I was right there in the audience except for the fact that I don’t like concerts. So could you provide please provide ISO info and what you used to remove noise if you so needed. I shot at a Chinese acrobat show recently with similar colored lighting and had to shoot at 6400 and was able to get rid of a good deal of the noise with using Nik’s Define 2 a bunch of times. Yours images are so clean!

• john8276 January 14, 2014 at 7:45 pm #

Sorry for the delay Jim. Was in Cuba with very little access to slow internet. ISO 3200 with not noise reduction. That said, if I were to make prints I would probably run them through Nik Define at the standard preset or take a look at Topaz Denoise. Both very good. The Fuji X-E2 is amazing in low light high ISO… One of the main reasons I went for it.

6. Karen Messick January 5, 2014 at 5:43 pm #

Well done JB!

7. al campoli January 6, 2014 at 7:01 pm #

John,

Great shots!! Guess I’m gonna have to think about getting a Fuji at some point instead of a Nikon D600.. I know our good friend Stan S. has gone over to the “Fuji” side.

PS: You kinda resemble South Side Johnny…..;>). Is he your alter ego!

• john8276 January 14, 2014 at 7:43 pm #

Lots of good choices out there to go small Al. Sony, Olympus and Fuji.

8. Dick January 11, 2014 at 6:03 pm #

that Jeff Kazee on the accordion? Makes sense…he any good with it?