Cuba #9 – Peek-a-Boo

Jan112014_Cuba_1185

Another example of patience.  I spent a fair amount of time getting to know this girl, her younger sister and Mom.  They were so polite, never asking for anything but very interested in what two americans were doing on their street.  After struggling with my sparse Spanish and lots of giggles, I decided to share some things I had. They were very grateful.  I then decided to photograph the wonderful wall next to their home when this young lady decided to play.  I had a tripod on this morning as we were out in early light.  I kept my finger on the shutter and fired of a series of images. Of course I was doing a happy dance with her and each of us laughing. She laughed even more when I showed her the images on the back of my camera.  I can’t wait to search her family out next year and bring them some pictures of this fun moment.  Below are a few more of the series.

Jan112014_Cuba_1181

Jan112014_Cuba_1183

Jan112014_Cuba_1184

[Tweet “Fun in Cuba”]

This entry was posted in Cuba and tagged , , .

1. mrsammy7 February 2, 2014 at 12:43 pm #

Love those moments…

2. Mark Stevens February 2, 2014 at 12:58 pm #

Absolutely wonderful ! The colors and patterns in the wall make a fine image in itself, but adding the human element makes it special. I love it !

3. betty February 2, 2014 at 1:57 pm #

I agree, adding the human element makes this wonderful shot even better and captures a moment in time. Love that wall, too..somehow I missed that one!

4. Karen Messick February 2, 2014 at 2:59 pm #

Great scene, love the last one best of series.

5. Lea Gallardo February 2, 2014 at 3:27 pm #

I find the first one absolutely breath taking!! On, on!

6. Cynthia February 2, 2014 at 5:42 pm #

I think the only thing sweeter than this would be pictures with you in it John, having that happy and fun interaction with the girl. I can just see it in my mind. Pure joy! I wish I could have been there to photograph it! Regardless, these are absolutely wonderful!

7. Stephan February 2, 2014 at 7:39 pm #

Layers of time… Faded memories… Another hopeful generation with dreams beyond imagination…

You have captured that and so much more within these images! Including the girl adds life to the image. The building definitely has character, but what is inside holds the real story and the future of what will be and become. I am sure the family will love these images next year! Too bad you do not have one of those small portable printers.

Super images JB!