Internet connections – YouTube Video

_DSC8871smallmatte

Recently, I received an email from Victor Alcantara in Germany.  He happened upon my website and was drawn to my images wanting to use them in a slideshow for a recorded piano performance he would share on YouTube.  He had put together a rough draft using the small jpeg’s from my site and wanted permission to use them.  (How refreshing that he would ask!)  I offered larger files in exchange for a copy of his and his partners CD which is excellent.   I wanted to share the final version of the YouTube video. I think you’ll find it relaxing and well done, and you’ll recognize most of the images too!

The blog image is another made in the Mesquite Dunes in Death Valley.  I’ll have more to say about the tour with Cole Thompson as I post more images over the next few weeks.  For now, suffice it to say, I’ve not been this motivated or inspired in awhile.  Cole was just tremendous!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , .

1. Janet Casey February 11, 2014 at 1:56 pm #

John,
    You are a generous, connective soul.
    That was beautiful!
    Janet

• john8276 February 11, 2014 at 2:00 pm #

And you are very kind Janet. Thank you. It was a fun project to be part of.

2. Michelle Cambier February 11, 2014 at 2:48 pm #

Very moving John. Of course your superb captures transported me to the locations!

3. Dick February 11, 2014 at 3:07 pm #

How exciting. Your images enhanced his work and incredible that with all the images available he found yours. Recognizing both the images and the places there was a personal connection as well.

• john8276 February 11, 2014 at 3:08 pm #

It was fun Dick! And yes, weird that he would find me out of the millions of GREAT photographers out there.

4. Victoria February 11, 2014 at 4:05 pm #

What fun seeing you images set so beautifully to words and music… I really enjoyed the show… and the dunes in B&W are amazingly beautiful.

5. Felice February 11, 2014 at 6:14 pm #

Very beautiful! He is a sensitive and moving pianist, and he chose your images! Wise man.

• JB February 12, 2014 at 1:11 pm #

Thanks Felice! :)

6. Daniel Ruf February 12, 2014 at 1:31 pm #

Very beautiful video. Congrats. Love this black and white and its strength.

7. Peggy W February 12, 2014 at 10:51 pm #

John, I was hoping to find the info that you wrote recently when you described the earphones you were selling. I actually looked up their description and decided they probably were too big for me too. But, you also mentioned the smaller ones you like, which I thought I would get. I see that your paragraph and that info is now gone. Could you mention them again. I hope sometime to join you on a trip in Death Valley. The geology and photo opportunities as seen in your images are fantastic.

• Janet Casey February 13, 2014 at 4:44 am #

John said he now has Bose in-ear QC-20 ear plugs.

8. Stephan Dietrich February 12, 2014 at 11:07 pm #

Wow! Congratulations!

Amazing how posted images travel through the Internet. Amazing how images touch each viewer differently and that our recorded visions are visualized differently amongst the eyes of each beholder.

As photographers and artists we are complimented by words, becoming known, reactions, being hired by clients, selling work … and so on. What a compliment and honor to be asked and included in such a project. Transporting your images beyond pixels, words and collaborated with music! Awesome!

Congratulations Maestro JB!

P.S. Another great DV image and powerful post work!

9. bob towery February 18, 2014 at 3:39 pm #

Well, perhaps surprising he would find you, but not surprising he is moved by your images. Never know where these things could lead. (and funny, a(nother) Victor Alcantara is one of my photo buds in Seattle!).