The Alabama Hills

_DSC9037-Edit-Editdarkmatted

The Alabama Hills are one of my favorite places to photograph. Clouds make for great opportunities there and we sure had it working for us on this particular day.

This entry was posted in B&W, Landscape and tagged .

1. betty February 27, 2014 at 1:43 pm #

outrageous…see, I knew I should have gone on that trip!!!!!

2. Colman Love February 27, 2014 at 1:56 pm #

John, this is amazing… I’ve never seen anything like this in Alabama(I’m down there a lot, my wife is from AL.). Where is this?

• john8276 February 27, 2014 at 2:48 pm #

Colman, I knew I should have put this… The Alabama Hill in Lone Pine CA. :) I had the same question when my friend said he was taking me there a number of years ago. Alabama?? :)

3. Linda Russo February 27, 2014 at 3:03 pm #

Incredible-:) You should enter it in Outdoor Photography “American Landscape” photo contest. Sure winner!

4. Stephan Dietrich February 27, 2014 at 4:49 pm #

Sweet home Alabama Hills (CA)… with an intense symphony of Barclay Clouds rolling by! Wowmazing!

Sunset (or sunrise) must have been amazing that evening (or morning)! It is time to take a drive! Great fishing near by as well!

I agree, submit this to some magazines and print this BIG for your gallery!

5. Dennis February 27, 2014 at 6:41 pm #

John, I’m so happy that we’re back to enjoying some of your great images without all of the critical analysis. You’re doing some really fine work. I don’t know you well but it appears that you just get in situations and shoot and create. I don’t buy into any of the “photo celibacy” type of over analyzing and over digesting the image to a point of sterility. John, you just do it, in a very sensitive way. That’s why I enjoy and follow your blog to not be distracted by what Cole and genre have to impart. A thank you to you, John.

• john8276 February 27, 2014 at 6:48 pm #

Dennis, thank you for following along and for your kind words, much appreciated. I must confess, I do enjoy thinking and discussing photography a la photo celibacy etc from time to time, so I hope you’ll allow for such once in awhile. Those posts by the way always generate the most traffic, I guess a lot must find them interesting for whatever thats worth!

That said, I do try to keep things mixed up a bit and hope you’ll continue to follow along.

JB

6. Felice March 1, 2014 at 9:10 am #

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Steve Zigler March 2, 2014 at 11:07 pm #

John, that’s really fantastic! The cloud structure and tonality are perfect.