Line, Light & Texture

2014Feb06_0330matted

When shooting the dunes, I am always searching for line, light and texture.  This composition seemed to have it all.

[Tweet “Line, Light & Texture”]

This entry was posted in Abstract, B&W, Death Valley and tagged , , .

1. Rich Lewis March 19, 2014 at 1:31 pm #

Great photograph. I find your b&w sand dune photographs interesting because they are so different from the color ones I make when in Death Valley. It never ceases to amaze me how different photographers can create such different stuff in the exact same place.

• john8276 March 19, 2014 at 1:57 pm #

And thank goodness we all have our own unique vision!

2. Lea Gallardo March 19, 2014 at 1:43 pm #

That is as good as it gets! Beautiful!

3. James Milligan March 19, 2014 at 4:07 pm #

I love this composition. The crest of the middle dune is an eye catcher.

I find it interesting to see how our group of photographers “saw” the dunes. It might be interesting to ask each member to post their “Best B&W’ of the dunes . I will bet there is a vast variety of interpretations of this landscape .

• john8276 March 19, 2014 at 4:16 pm #

Thanks Jim. I love that idea. I’m going to ask for each to send me an image and then I’ll do a blog post showing them. Thanks!

4. Joan Herwig March 19, 2014 at 4:43 pm #

Yes, indeed it does have it all – fabulous image John!

5. marty golin March 19, 2014 at 4:59 pm #

Do you also look for the dark, or is that a sub-set of light?

• john8276 March 19, 2014 at 5:03 pm #

Good question Marty. All part of light. Of course you understand that with out the dark this image does not work. In fact with many images the dark is what makes it work at all.

6. robyn March 20, 2014 at 12:22 am #

Fabulous contrast and texture. Love it!

7. Stephan Dietrich March 20, 2014 at 4:41 am #

Cloudman Barclay and now Sandman Barclay! …

Your visions and captured visions are awesome! The only thing missing is the blowing sand…

It is always amazing that the “night crew” (weather and wind) changes and erases the footsteps and creates new settings for the next day… as if you were the first to ever set foot there (if you awake early enough) ….

I have always been amazed of the constant change of the sand… Like the ocean waves…. it is never the same… and Death Valley should be called “Live (or Alive) Valley” as it is very much alive and ever-changing!

SANDtastic image JB!