A quick trip to Boston shooting the Fuji 18-135 lens – Perfectly Clear Photographer Spotlight

My friends at Athentech, the makers of Perfectly Clear have a blog post each month spotlighting a professional photographer. I happen to be in the spotlight for the month of August. You can see the interview and read post here.

I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon with two friends this week shooting in and around Boston. I had not been out shooting in awhile, it was great to get out!  Thanks Ken and Steve. All images shot with either the Fuji X-T1 or X-E2 and the new 18-135 lens. And yes, that is another Gehry building! This one at the M.I.T campus in Cambridge.

This entry was posted in Abstract and tagged , , , , , , .

1. Ts August 22, 2014 at 10:08 am #

good work, boss. Of course, one cannot tell quality from a monitor, but it looks good on the screen.

2. Barbara Lee August 22, 2014 at 11:32 am #

John, this is a wonderful collection of images! I love, love, love the reflections!!! And I suppose you must have used Perfectly Clear to process them. Hmmm, guess I need to get it while it is on sale! Cheers!

• JB August 22, 2014 at 11:35 am #

Yes, Perfectly Clear on each one to start and then some minor added processing in LR to finish.

3. Diana August 22, 2014 at 1:16 pm #

Oh my gosh! It is hard to pick a favorite! I am leaning towards the last one, although I also love the first, and of course the boats and reflections….Ok, I cannot pick a favorite! BTW, just purchased Perfectly Clear and look forward to your insights. Best regards.

• JB August 22, 2014 at 1:59 pm #

Thanks Diana. You’ll enjoy Perfectly Clear!

4. Daniel Ruf August 23, 2014 at 5:36 pm #

Outstanding work, John. Love the details and compositions. You keep me thinking so thanks for sharing.

5. Steve L August 27, 2014 at 5:13 pm #

Really like what you’re showing us with the Fuji gear!!

• JB August 27, 2014 at 10:16 pm #

As you know Steve, I’m a Fuji guy now. :)

6. Yannick December 22, 2014 at 2:27 am #

Hi John was wondering, would you advise the 18-135 over the 18-55 as a futureproof lens for beginner? Inthink of afding the 35mm 1,4 later on. I use it for travel and family & friends. Love your pictures!

• JB December 22, 2014 at 8:02 am #

Well, that is a good question. While the 18-135 is a very good lens for what it is…. it is not the 18-44 as far as image quality goes. I choose to keep both… I use the 18-55 more often than not and the 18-135 as my walk around lens or lens that is always with me on a business trip for instance. Essentially keeping my kit small. Hope that helps. Thanks for visiting the blog!