Red

_DSF0207-Edit

I’ve photographed this car in Havana on previous trips. It is hard to pass up, so here is another take.

I have noticed a fair amount of construction going on in Havana over the past three years. This is good news. The wiring we saw in homes three years ago looked dangerous. Now, we see lots of new electrical boxes and wiring that does not scare me. This year, many streets were torn up. It appeared as though work was being done on the infrastructure which is sorely needed. It will be interesting to see what changes are in store with the rekindling of our relationship with Cuba. I hope the “people” receive some benefit, but I have my doubts.

This entry was posted in Cuba, Tour, Workshop and tagged , , , , .

1. Victoria January 23, 2015 at 9:13 am #

Wow.. This is marvelous! The colors are spectacular.. Love this one!!!

• JB January 24, 2015 at 6:56 am #

Thank you Victoria.

2. Mark Stevens January 23, 2015 at 1:03 pm #

Very nice, indeed.
    I find it funny that I’ve never seen this car. I’ll have to follow you around sometime… lol. And people ask “why do keep going back?”

• JB January 24, 2015 at 6:55 am #

You’ll have to follow me? HA! Now that was funny Mark!

3. Bruce Sorrell January 24, 2015 at 6:45 am #

Another spectacular shot, John ! The composition is spot on, there’s a wealth of interesting textures, and the interplay among the neutral, cool, and warm tones is spectacular. I could look at this one for hours. The moment I took in all you did with this one “Memory” from “Cats” started playing in my head. I’m recalling the lines:

“Burnt out ends of smoky days
    The stale cold smell of morning
    A street lamp dies
    Another night is over
    Another day is dawning”

The mood of those lyrics and the story they tried to tell are echoed in your beautiful photograph. Love all your work, but this one is particularly rich ! Slainte!

• JB January 24, 2015 at 6:55 am #

Thank you for your kind comment Bruce. Love that “Cats” came to mind and you shared.