More Horses From the Hideout Ranch

_DSF0158-2-Editv2

The lead image is a personal favorite. The morning was very cold, however, the location was tremendous. To see loose horses running is thrilling! The image below is a group shot of the wranglers that worked with us each day. Tom in the middle is the head wrangler and loves the opportunity to dress up for our shoots. Gotta love the red coat he had for this shot! And the poncho that Marijn is wearing on the right is made from a Pendleton Blanket by a local craftsperson who sews in a leather collar. They are for sale in the Hideout gift shop and are extraordinary!

_DSF0084-64-Edit

This entry was posted in Fuji, The Hidout and tagged , , , , , , , .

1. Nicki February 12, 2016 at 10:05 am #

What a wonderful trip it must have been! Love seeing all your wonderful images from it. I can live it thru your lense. Do you have plans on going back?
    Will you be doing a post of the participant’s images?
    Great shots you’ve posted, thanks so much for sharing.

2. JB February 12, 2016 at 10:07 am #

Yes, going back in January of 2018 for sure. I’ll add you to the list to be notified. No obligation. Yes, will be doing a participants post too!

3. Megg February 13, 2016 at 4:34 pm #

So glad you had such a great time at The Hideout. Truly a unique experience never to be forgotten.

4. Howard Grill February 14, 2016 at 6:39 pm #

Wow, very cool shots. I love the color contrasts among the horses as well as their contrast with the snow. Looking at the wrangler shot made me think of a ‘bad ass’ gang from the old westerns! I bet they are a lot friendlier though. And their clothes are great.

• JB February 14, 2016 at 8:39 pm #

It was fun

5. Kris Morgan February 18, 2016 at 2:56 pm #

Love the images you are sharing and so sad I missed the opportunity. Look forward to seeing more of your images and those of the participants too. Know you are putting me on the Jan 2018 list. Can not miss ‘dancing’ with the horses.