Stormy Weather

I’m safely back home after a long but exhilarating journey to Ireland where I fell in love with the country and especially the people.  It was truly a trip of a lifetime.

We visited Peter Cox’s gallery in Killarney, where he has some incredible images.  A few had long exposures of rocks in the ocean.  At this location, I thought I’d give it a try.  I’m attaching a B&W version for your feedback.  I think they both work.

[jamiesocial]

This entry was posted in B&W, Ireland, Ocean.

1. Victoria July 11, 2012 at 9:08 pm #

I think they both work… But I absolutely LOVE the gorgeous blue tones surrounded by the smoothly swirling waves in lower left quadrant of the color version. Marvelous!

2. Scott O July 11, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

You are correct JB, either work. I like them both, but maybe the color one a little more. But then the B&W one is cool, so I don’t really know! Glad you are back and had a successful trip.

• john8276 July 11, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

Trip of a lifetime Scott. Amazing country. I’ll go back for sure.

3. Dennis July 12, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

As others–really like the color version though, seems to have a little more depth and like the muted, subtle color. I follow your work and admire you for your vision and sensitivity-and lets not forget your skies. Would like to cross paths sometime.

• john8276 July 12, 2012 at 2:24 pm #

Thanks for your thoughtful comment Dennis. Maybe a tour or workshop?

4. Lynn July 12, 2012 at 4:29 pm #

I prefer the color since the blues are so subtle and soft. But both are beautiful. Enjoyed all your images from Ireland. I must get there some day – hopefully on a JB/DS photo tour!

5. Karen Messick July 12, 2012 at 5:45 pm #

Both are great, Super shot!

6. Bob Towery July 14, 2012 at 6:44 pm #

Have to say I prefer the B&W, just because it feels more moody and I can see the patterns more clearly.