My home in Cojimar

The terrace that Hemingway writes about in “The Old Man and the Sea” is the La Terazza Bar in Cojimar, about 20 minutes from downtown Havanna.  Cojimar is a very interesting, small fishing village.  This particular home is near the end of the main street.  The gentleman was kind enough to let us take his picture while sitting in the colorful entryway of his home.

I have a couple of things I want to share today.

1.  Be sure to head over to Tony Sweets blog today to see his stunning floral photography with his new D800E.

2. Mark S. Johnson’s post today is about how to create a cinemagraph.  What is a cinemagraph?  Take a look at these on the Ann Street Studio Blog.   I’m going to give one a try today and will share the results in a future blog post.  Looks like great fun!

This entry was posted in Creative, Cuba.

1. Denise February 7, 2013 at 2:37 pm #

This is a really wonderful image!! You have captured what I imagine when I think of Cuba. Beautiful!

2. Phyllis Burchett February 7, 2013 at 3:04 pm #

Ditto what Denise said, this image says “Cuba” all over.

3. Kathleen Clemons February 7, 2013 at 3:10 pm #

I had never heard of a cinemagraph but they look SO cool, thanks for posting that, John!

• john8276 February 7, 2013 at 3:12 pm #

I had seen one a long time ago but figured it might be difficult to do. Once I saw Mark’s video tutorial, I got excited and am ready to give it a try!

4. Scott Oberle February 7, 2013 at 5:42 pm #

These are sure bringing up some fine memories JB!

• john8276 February 7, 2013 at 5:44 pm #

OUr trip last year was great Scott! The book is almost done.

5. Stan Silverman February 7, 2013 at 10:49 pm #

Ok John, I was there with you. So why didn’t I shoot that? I have similar shots and even included the guy on the porch but for some reason, didn’t get the BIG shot of the whole scene. Very nice!

• john8276 February 7, 2013 at 11:38 pm #

What can I say Stan, I FINALLY got one you didn’t! :)

6. Dick February 8, 2013 at 1:50 pm #

cinemagraph eh? I’ll look forward to yours. It seems to me there’s an App for that..;-)

(seriously)

7. Denise Bush February 10, 2013 at 2:47 pm #

Let’s hope that they never paint that place. I like that it is a centered composition but the man offsets the symmetry.

8. Elaine Lopez April 12, 2013 at 3:14 pm #

Cojimar is my hometown. I’m very proud of it. I live in Miami and every year we celebrate our Cojimar’s day, every July 16, that is our Patronal Festivity. Excuse my English, but I love Cojimar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• john8276 April 12, 2013 at 3:24 pm #

I love your hometown too Elaine! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love the Cuban people too. Very kind and generous.