PUFFINS!!

Long time blog readers will likely remember my affection for the Puffins we photographed in Ireland last year.  I could not wait to get the opportunity to photograph them again in Iceland.  We were not disappointed.   It was a fun tractor/hay ride out to the Cape and then a short but steep walk to where we were treated to an abundance of Puffins! One participant took 777 pictures in that 2 hour time frame!! Here are a few of my favorites. I just love these little birds.

Iceland_20130709_0742

Iceland_20130709_0690

The guy on the left looks as though he thinks the one on the right is a bit odd….

Iceland_2013Jul09_0993

Iceland_20130709_0663

This entry was posted in Iceland and tagged , , .

1. Bonnie Rovere August 15, 2013 at 12:35 pm #

Beautiful scenery is one thing, but PUFFINS…that’s another. I am now very jealous. Great shots!

• john8276 August 15, 2013 at 12:46 pm #

Thanks Bonnie. I had a BLAST!!

2. Danielle Kennedy August 15, 2013 at 1:20 pm #

These are beautiful John! I love the rich colors and beautiful scenery! I photographed them in Maine, many years ago, before I really knew what I was doing! I need to go back a revisit that area for a do-over 🙂

• john8276 August 15, 2013 at 1:22 pm #

Glad you enjoyed them Danielle. Yes, do go back with a long lens and have fun!

3. John Heise August 15, 2013 at 2:02 pm #

Puffin on the left, “so you didn’t sleep again last night John?”
    Puffin on the right “no Dan your snoring again.”

4. john8276 August 15, 2013 at 2:05 pm #

You a funny guy John. TRUE!

5. Terry V. Nielson August 15, 2013 at 3:16 pm #

Garjuss! (As they say in Utah…) Love these birds, and your great photos of them. Also loved your 2012 workshop in the Palouse with Dan. Going to Iceland is a lifelong dream…who do you recommend as a tour guide/professional? Who did you go with? Are you planning to lead tours here in the future?

6. Stephan August 15, 2013 at 3:25 pm #

Absolutely AWESOME! The fisher-Puffin image is impressive as well! Have FUN gong through your remaining 773 Puffinography images JB!

• john8276 August 15, 2013 at 3:40 pm #

Thanks Stephan but I only took 200 it was a participant that took 777! 🙂

7. Joan Herwig August 15, 2013 at 4:14 pm #

Wow! These are all terrific John!

8. Pat Keoughan August 15, 2013 at 6:46 pm #

I believe a friend of mine is your aunt, Jeremy Brown? I am a lover of Puffins and have traveled to Maine, Canada, Ireland and Iceland (Heimay Island) to see them. Your photos of these puffins are just gorgeous! Just wish I could take photos like these.

• john8276 August 15, 2013 at 6:51 pm #

Indeed Jeremy is my Mothers sister and thus my beloved Aunt.

9. brenda tharp August 16, 2013 at 5:04 am #

Great pics, John! I too love these birds. They are super fast flyers, and fun to watch as they tak off from water. Just had some time with them in Alaska on the ‘other coast’. I hope to see them in Iceland next year, too! Thanks for sharing these wonderful images.

10. Jim R (Doc) August 16, 2013 at 6:42 am #

You got one with fish! Nice. Our club is looking forward to your visit next month to Johnstown PA.

• john8276 August 16, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

Hey Doc! I am very much looking forward to being with you and your group next month. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yup, lots of puffins with fish on this shoot!

11. Nancy T September 14, 2013 at 1:23 am #

Love these puffins! My favorite is the first one…they are all looking different ways…like trying to get a group shot of children,…great mist….just love it!

• JB September 14, 2013 at 1:26 am #