Another Reason to Love my Fuji

For years, I’ve known I should always carry a camera with me. I’ve failed miserably with the exception of having my iPhone with me at all times. With my heavy Nikon gear, I would never carry it or even have it in my car. I’ve purchased a few P&S type cameras but for whatever reason I’ve never fallen in love them them. Enter the Fuji X series. I now have a small lightweight kit in the car at all times. So, last week I was on my way to church, it was overcast with light rain. Rather than take the “normal” route, I decided to take the road that travels along the south side of Peace Valley Park. I spotted this scene, stopped the car and made three handheld captures.  I knew even with my effective 300mm lens I could not get close enough, so I cropped it into a square in post. This image would not exist unless I had my trusty Fuji X system in my car at all times.  I’m really happy with this image which will serve as a reminder to always carry a camera with me!  And now I don’t have anymore excuses with my Fuji X gear.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , .

1. Frank May 22, 2014 at 8:12 am #

I have felt the same way. I bought the Fuji X100 as a “carry around.” A bit limited with the fixed lens, but 90% of the time it is fine and it makes lovely images. And the light weight is another bonus.

• john8276 May 23, 2014 at 12:29 am #

I too own the X100 as well. It was my gateway drug to all other things FUJI!!

2. Penelope May 22, 2014 at 8:52 am #

Very nice John! I am about to put my toe into the Fuji water myself for all the reasons you just expressed.

• john8276 May 23, 2014 at 12:29 am #

Come on in, the water is warm!

3. Bill Tongue May 22, 2014 at 8:59 am #

Beautiful as usual. Like you I have become a Fuji addict. I’ve turned so many people on to Fuji I should be on commission.

• john8276 May 23, 2014 at 12:31 am #

I think I’ve counted 20 who have purchased Fuji since I’ve introduced them… I’d love commission!

4. Bruce Sorrell May 22, 2014 at 9:33 am #

That is one lovely photograph, John ! Looks like “complex simplicity” has struck again. 🙂 I recently took the plunge into the Fuji world via their X-e2 and I could not be happier. As you’ve suggested the Fuji’s features, interface, and light weight makes anything in their X line a good constant companion. I feel like a photographer again rather than a beast of burden. It’s also the case that their new sensor can produce colors that match or surpass anything I was getting before. After seeing first hand what the X-e2 can do, I sold off all of my Nikon DSLR gear and I’ve not regretted that decision for one moment. Lastly, CONGRATS on crossing the 200,000 mark ! That’s quite the achievement. Slainte !

• john8276 May 23, 2014 at 12:32 am #

I thought you bought a Panasonic Bruce? Complex simplicity indeed. Good eye!

5. Merrill May 22, 2014 at 4:13 pm #

I, too, am loving the Fuji XE2. Just got the 55-200. Two lenses, enough. Nice little package of gear. Fits nicely in my Goldwing trunk!!!

6. James Milligan May 22, 2014 at 8:26 pm #

wow I should get out more considering this is in my neighborhood. Once way back when I always had a camera with me. This was my photojournalist period of life and there was always something to shoot. It is time to put a camera in the glove compartment.

• john8276 May 23, 2014 at 12:28 am #

With your eye, yes you should!

7. Bill May 23, 2014 at 1:20 pm #

I guess I will chime in and say that I got bitten by the Fuji bug as well, thanks to JB. I got to try out my new XT1 on a recent trip to Italy and I loved both the optical quality of the system and the significant reduction in weight, compared to my Canon system. Just ordered the 10-24 for my upcoming trip to the Palouse. No excuse now for not having a camera with me when I’m out and about.

8. Peggy W May 23, 2014 at 3:56 pm #

john, your photo is a lovely classic spring image. It reminds me of Eliiot Porter’s lovely famous spring image. I do appreciate seeing your work with the Fuji Xe2. I have wanted a carry around camera for a long time. NY is the place for it. Must have images often pop in view. And, that is the last place I want to carry a large camera. Something for my must have list.

9. Rich Lewis May 25, 2014 at 1:22 pm #

Keep posting photographs that nice and I’ll have a Fuji in my bag yet. By the way I agree with Peggy W above. When I saw this photograph, Elliot Porter came to mind. Beautiful stuff.

• Bruce Sorrell May 25, 2014 at 2:46 pm #

You are absolutely right, RIch ! That photograph could have come straight out of “In Wildness Is The Preservation of the World.” Now we just have to convince John to take up dye transfer printing. 🙂

Slainte !