Cuba 2013

I have finally downloaded my images from my recent trip to Cuba.  I decided not to bring a computer on this trip.  As such, it felt like I was shooting film again. In some ways it was nice, as I could focus on shooting.  That said, as I was co-leading a tour with Tony Sweet, I was not able to truly get into a focused place to do my best work.  None the less, I think I made some worthwhile images.

This image caught my eye, however, I felt the car was not in the right place. I figured the folks in the house would not appreciate it if I knocked on their door early in the morning. I loved the green color of the home behind the car and wanted the image to be just about the color green.  After consideration I decided that I did not need the entire car.  I’m very pleased with the result and happy to have created an image outside of what I normally shoot.

This entry was posted in Color, Cuba.

1. Carlton Hansen January 16, 2013 at 10:40 pm #

Love the image and the colors.

2. ellery January 16, 2013 at 10:45 pm #

Well you know what they say…
    Half a car is better than none!
    Works nicely!

3. Mark Summerfield January 16, 2013 at 11:15 pm #

I think this shot works well. There is no need to include all the car as most people already know about the old 50′s vehicles in Cuba.

4. Victoria January 16, 2013 at 11:31 pm #

Once again… A superb trip! And this image is another example of thinking outside the box that inspires me to be more adventuresome in my compositional choices. I always learn from you and love the colors and composition here. The more I study this, the more I like it! :-)

5. Ray Snip January 17, 2013 at 6:29 pm #

I like this image John. I think leaving part of the car out adds visual interest…. otherwise the focus would have been completely on the car. In this case my eyes wander across the whole image, to find more..?

6. Denise Bush January 20, 2013 at 1:12 pm #

Oh boy — new Cuba images coming our way. I think this works really well and wonder where you wanted the car to be. The white ironwork is an important element in the scene.

• john8276 January 20, 2013 at 1:41 pm #

Thanks Denise. I appreciate your excellent eye and your comments.

7. Ts January 27, 2013 at 1:33 am #